Lightning | Rain Out | Pool
At any time, should the umpire in charge of a baseball/softball game want to delay the game because of lightning, he or she will have authority to do so. The contest should not resume until the lightning has passed. Also, should both coaches agree that there is too much lightning, the umpire should meet with both coaches and have the authority to postpone the game immediately. The contest should not resume until the lightning has passed.
Players, parents and others, while waiting for the delay, should wait in the safest area available at the park site. Automobile and indoor areas or protected covered areas should be the safest place to be during these conditions. At no time should players remain in the playing field. And at no time should parents or players be in the open areas or leaning against any fence or be in contact with any metal objects near the park site. Everyone should take all precautions to get to the safest areas as quickly as possible.
Rain Out Policy
- The Park District Maintenance staff will contact the Park District office by 4:15 p.m. if the games are cancelled.
- If diamond conditions appear to be playable by 4:15 p.m. and conditions change after 4:15 p.m., the game will be placed in the hands of the umpire. Players may want to check with their coaches as to condition changes prior to the game time.
- Players, coaches, statisticians and umpires should check the Park District website (www.effinghamparkdistrict.org) for up to date information. Information will not be updated after 4:30 p.m. If known by 4:15 p.m. that games are cancelled, local radio stations will also be contacted.
Weekends or Holidays
Kluthe Memorial Pool Policy
- Maintenance staff will prepare contests in the mornings and will cancel games only if they know by 11:00 a.m.
- Updated information regarding playable conditions will be made up to 11:30 a.m. No further information will be available after 11:30 a.m. and the conditions as to playing the game will rest in the hands of the umpires. If games are cancelled by 11:30 a.m., listen to the local radio station for weekends or holidays.
- Hours are 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. daily.
- Attendance of a minimum of seven (7) swimmers is necessary in order for the pool to stay open. Managers may use their discretion in this matter. In some instances, they may want to stay open with fewer than seven (7) swimmers.
- Rainchecks are not permitted.
- Pool hours are adjusted on July 4th, Labor Day, days of Swim Team meets, or special events and during pool disrepair.
- Pool will close in conjunction with school start up.
- When bad weather occurs, the pool will remain open for at least 30 minutes after swimmers have been directed to the bathhouse to see if the weather breaks. If the pool should be closed from 12:30-4:30 p.m. because of inclement weather, management staff shall evaluate the possibility of opening for the evening shift from 4:30-7:00 p.m. should weather conditions improve. Otherwise the pool shall remain closed. A temperature of below 67 degrees may cause the pool to remain closed. This, too, shall be at the managers' discretion.